- introduction: Nutrition or nutrition is the study of how the body uses all the essential nutrients in food for fuel and nutrition. The nurturing, or nurturing, of a person begins from the day he is born and continues till he leaves the world. It plays a vital role in a person’s overall development and well-being throughout his life. Your body is your temple, and it is extremely important to take care of it by giving it good nutrition. Good nutrition here is filling the body with essential nutrients. In India, the entire month of September will be divided into weekly themes: national nutrition Week Promote holistic nutrition.
- Potion or benefits of nutrition: Nutrition is undoubtedly a key component of a healthy lifestyle; Therefore, everyone needs to understand importance of nutrition in daily life. Here in this article, we have enlisted some of the most important benefits of nutrition.
national nutrition week
(a) Weight Management: Most of us fall prey to fad diets in an attempt to shed our extra kilos. This can eventually worsen our condition by depriving the body of
essential nutrients. Eating a diet rich in proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals is one of the healthiest ways to lose weight. The first step towards achieving a healthy weight in a nutritious way is to understand that importance of nutrition Change up your eating habits by swapping out deep-fried, junk and processed foods with healthy, nutrition-rich foods.
(b) Lifestyle and protection from chronic diseasesMany lifestyle and chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes, liver disease and heart disease cause high mortality and morbidity. These are caused by insufficient nutrition. Since the treatment of such conditions is conservative, a preventive approach should be incorporated by following a nutrient-rich diet plan to reduce the onset and progression of such chronic diseases. It will also reduce the development of other conditions or symptoms from such lifestyle diseases. Again, a nutrient-rich diet strengthens the immune system to protect your body from various diseases.
(c) delay in the aging processOur ancestors lived longer and were more energetic than the present generation. it’s because they knew nutritional value And always consumed healthy, adulterated food. Switching to a nutritious diet can achieve higher levels of energy, strength and prevent the side effects of aging such as gray hair and weak bones.
what is National Nutrition Mahi,
National Nutrition Month (National Nutrition Month) It is a flagship program under the initiative of Ministry of Women and Child Development in collaboration with NITI Aayog and various other stakeholders and ministries. nutrition campaign, It helps in sensitizing the Indian population towards the importance of healthy diet and holistic nutrition to improve the nutritional status of the Indian population. In India, approx. 62.7% of children and adolescents are deprived of essential nutrients due to poverty, illiteracy and many other reasons. This results in diseases related to malnutrition such as stunting, anemia, pellagra, rickets etc.
It is a mass movement or mass movement that encourages the active participation of every individual or public participation in addressing the issues of malnutrition and preventing malnutrition related diseases in children, pregnant and lactating women as well as promoting proper nutrition. Educates everyone about health benefits. and teenage girls. national nutrition week In the first week of September, celebrated from 1st to 7th September on the lines of National Nutrition Mahi,
what is nutrition campaign,
Poshan Abhiyaan, or National Nutrition ProgramIt is a flagship program of the Government. of India which was launched in the year 2018 and aims to tackle the problem of malnutrition in India. nutrition campaign, either national nutrition weeunder Kashmir national nutrition program, traces its genesis to the year 2017 when a roadmap was prepared by NITI Aayog which successfully analyzed the major issues surrounding the problem of malnutrition among women and children. The National Nutrition Council, headed by the Vice-Chairman of NITI Aayog, is a body of national importance which provides coordination and convergence to the Government on nutrition related issues by formulating timely policy guidelines to address the nutrition related problems in the country. ,
Main objectives of nutrition campaign
- Stunting Rein: Dwarfism is a condition in which the height of the child fails to increase with age. Stunting occurs when a child is malnourished. Dwarfism affects the child both physically and mentally. national nutrition week There is a sub-section that aims to reduce the impact of stunting from 38.4% to 25% by working at the grassroots level and providing vital Anganwadi services in villages.
- Dealing with anemia in children, pregnant women and adolescent girlsAnemia: Anemia is a manifestation of low hemoglobin levels or the number of red blood cells in the blood. This gives rise to symptoms such as fatigue, lack of concentration, shortness of breath and so on to name a few. Among all other possible causes, iron deficiency is one of the most prominent causes of anemia. POSHAN Abhiyaan aims to reduce nutrient deficiency anemia by 3% annually.
Benefits of POSHAN Abhiyaan:
- The implementation of POSHAN Mission or POSHAN Abhiyaan will be done in a phased manner. All the states and union territories will actively participate in covering more than 11 crore people in India.
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development will launch an atlas to trace food grains across the country and assist the scheme to promote the cultivation of nutrient-dense food in local areas.
a balanced diet It is a blend of all the food groups which is required to provide all the vital nutrients to the body in balanced proportion to promote the proper functioning of the body. All the micro and macro nutrients like proteins, fats, carbohydrates etc are part of a balanced diet. a balanced diet There is a cautious proportion of all food groups in proportion to the health and well-being of the body. A healthy person needs 2500 calories per day. However, the calorie count varies based on age, gender, lifestyle, underlying disease, etc.
a . benchmark of Healthy Diet All rainbow colors have food. Below are some tips for achieving a Healthy Diet.
- Fruits and Vegetables: Instead of going for exotic fruits and vegetables, you should switch to locally available seasonal fruits to get optimum benefits from fruits and vegetables. Fresh fruits and vegetables should make up half of your plate for a healthy diet.
- Cereals: A portion of your lunch and dinner should be cereals. Whole grains like wheat, ragi, bajra and jowar contain more nutrients than all purpose flour.
- Protein-rich food: About half of your meals should be plant- and animal-based proteins. You can consume protein in all three major meals. Boiled eggs for breakfast, legumes and cheese for lunch, and chicken and fish for dinner can be consumed as a Healthy Diet.
- Healthy Fats: You should have a balanced intake of fats and consume them in moderation. Healthy fat choices include olive oil, sunflower oil, rice bran oil, desi ghee, etc.
- Spices: In addition to enhancing the aroma of food and tickling your taste buds, herbs offer some health benefits. They are rich in phytonutrients with antioxidant properties. Spices include turmeric, cumin, chili powder, oregano, basil, etc.
What is healthy food?
we should adapt to the habit of Nutritious food This is some standard advice that we get from our elders. Eating food in proper combination and at the right time is commonly called Nutritious food, In addition to eating a balanced diet, some habits will help include: Nutritious food in your lifestyle,
- Proper Hydration: You should regularly monitor your daily water intake to avoid dehydration. Instead of caffeinated drinks or sodas that will make you more dehydrated by their diuretic nature, drink water to balance the fluids in your body enough.
- Salad Include: Consume raw foods in the form of salad once a day. Raw fruits and vegetables are more nutrient-rich because cooking destroys some essential nutrients. However, the best time to consume salad is during the day when the digestive system is at its peak.
- Include Probiotics: Probiotic foods like yogurt help keep your gut healthy by introducing good bacteria to your gut. Hence, yogurt is essential in every meal to fight the harmful bacteria.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) :-
national nutrition week Celebrated annually from 1st September to 7th September to raise public awareness about their nutritional eating habits. National Nutrition Week 2022 Will be scheduled for September 2022
National Nutrition Week 2022 It is a program aimed at improving people’s awareness regarding nutrition and tackling the problem of malnutrition in India. When Govt. The Government of India launched the National Nutrition Week, it also produces a specific National Nutrition theme primarily focused on the theme of the year. For example, national nutrition week theme “Smart Feeding from the Beginning” was meant to raise awareness to cover all aspects of nutritional issues for 2021. national nutrition week Theme 2022 Not yet declared by the Government of India. Globally, 28 May is celebrated as World Nutrition Day.
some of the Nutrition Month Activities Organizing meetings with students to discuss the benefits of nutrition and the ill effects of malnutrition on India’s population. The e-quiz on nutrition encourages everyone for active participation. There were other competitions like nutrition week poster making Competition, Essay Competition, etc.