This draws attention to the effectiveness of exercise to keep one fit and maintain weight. But, let’s say you’ve put on a few extra pounds and can’t fit into that fabulous dream dress or pair of jeans you’ve always wanted. Then, you can rely on HealthifyMe. With the help of this article, you can lose weight effectively without worrying about gaining it back. Cardio is for cardiovascular muscle i.e. heart muscle. In addition, it benefits many other body systems, including the muscles and the respiratory system. Cardiovascular exercise is the most common form of weight loss exercise. It speeds up the heartbeat and metabolism, two important factors in weight loss. However, focusing only on cardio may not be enough to achieve the desired weight loss results.
Some are big fans of cardio for weight loss. The results are overwhelmingly positive. However, limiting yourself to cardio exercise may not be the best option for older adults who want to lose weight. Strength training exercises are a necessity. Additionally, it will help to incorporate eating mindfully into your weight loss diet plan to work at the peak of cardio. However, you may not be wise if you feel that exercising more after consuming junk food will not take you off your weight loss track.
To lose weight and maintain it after shedding the extra kilos, you need to be mindful of what you take on your plate. Portion control and healthy food choices along with exercise are the keys to weight loss. Cardio exercise burns a good amount of calories. Still, you need to include two teachings. First, stick to regular exercise and create a calorie deficit. Understand the principles of eating right.
cardio and weight loss
Cardio exercises improve stamina and help reduce the risk of cardiovascular problems. Again, this is because plenty of oxygen is pumped and circulated throughout the body while exercising.
Cardio and strength training help burn calories. This is when you give your body the required regular workout. According to studiesIt also helps the body to increase its metabolic rate. Which helps you to burn more calories and fat efficiently throughout the day.
Old age makes our body weak. As you age, the condition of the body is a consequence of how you treat it at a young age. You should exercise every day and lead a healthy life so that the body becomes strong. The stronger you make your body, the better it will be as you age. This will help you maintain a good body posture and provide you with the strength to stay active.
The HealthifyMe Note
Cardio exercises are not only helpful in weight loss, but they also have other health benefits. Some of the health benefits include boosting your mood, building muscle and strength, improving stamina and stamina, and maintaining a fit and healthy body in the later stages.
effective cardio exercises for weight loss
Knowing what exercises you can do daily is important to sustain your weight loss journey. It is important to understand that exercises such as running, jumping rope, power walking, organized sports and dancing all fall under cardio. However, brisk walking or jogging will not help with weight loss.
Here we are listing some cardio exercises that you can include in your workout routine to lose weight.
If you are an active person, you might already be aware of this exercise. It is widely practiced in gyms and is a beneficial exercise. Also, it not only improves the hip muscles but also helps in improving the core muscles. This is usually part of your daily workout session cardio. The instructions you need to follow for the exercise are as follows.
- Lie straight on the ground on your stomach.
- Place palms parallel to your shoulders on the floor.
- Raise your body parallel to the floor.
- And get on your toes.
- It would help if you made sure your elbows and knees were straight.
- Now bring your right knee towards your right elbow.
- Keeping your feet in the air, try to bring the feet as close as possible.
- Bring the right leg back with the toes on the floor.
- Do this for the left side as well.
- Repeat this for 15 counts.
jump lunge exercise
Lunges can be performed in a standing position. We step our legs forward, bend down, and back up into a simple lunge. We continue this for both sides. Also, whenever we come back for the jump lunge exercise, we should jump. Follow the steps given below to do this exercise properly.
- Place your palms on your waist. It helps you to maintain balance.
- Take your right foot forward.
- Keeping left leg straight, bend down to form 90 degrees at right knee.
- After bending down you need to push your body upwards while back up.
- Take a jump and swap your feet in the air.
- Now repeat the same for the left side.
- Repeat this exercise for a 10-count on each side of the leg.
Just like we do squats, jumping squats are a more advanced version of the exercise. Follow the given steps for this exercise.
- Stand straight, keep your feet at shoulder length from each other.
- Join your palms in front of you. It helps you to maintain balance.
- Keeping the upper body straight, bend the knees.
- Get into a position where your knees are at 90 degrees.
- Push your feet down and jump onto your feet.
- Right after the jump, bend your knees for the next squat.
- Keep your upper body straight throughout the process.
- Repeat this for 15 counts.
This activity helps you improve your strength in the pull. In addition, it enables you to improve your arm strength. The steps of this exercise are as follows.
- Make sure you have a horizontal rod at an arm’s length above your head.
- Grab the rod with your palms and shift your weight from your feet to your arms.
- Bend your knees slightly so that your feet do not touch the ground.
- Engaging your core, pull your body up with your arms.
- Pull up until your shoulders are at the level of the rod.
- Then slowly release your body and go down.
- Repeat this every day for 15 reps, 3-sets, increasing it gradually.
This is the most basic trick: lifting something off the ground. For deadlifts, you need to have certain weights that you have to pick up on. Follow the given instructions.
- Stand straight, keep your feet shoulder-length apart.
- Squat keeping your back straight.
- reach out and grab the weight
- Pull the weight along your body.
- Make sure you keep your upper body straight.
- Gradually increasing this action to 15 counts daily, repeat for 3-sets.
The HealthifyMe Note
Running, jumping rope, power walking, playing sports like badminton or tennis, and exercises like dancing come under cardio combination. Weight training combined with cardio at a constant pace and intensity makes it highly effective. Regular cardio should be done for 30 minutes to an hour, depending on your stamina. Try incorporating climbers, jump lunge exercises, jumping squats, pullups and deadlifts into your daily workout.
Cardiovascular activity improves your overall fitness and strengthens your endurance. Therefore, cardio workouts have many health benefits apart from helping people lose weight. Additionally, it is important to remember that following a nutritious diet and regular exercise go hand in hand. Therefore, you must follow a diet optimal in calories to lose weight. On the other hand, exercises combining high-intensity cardio and strength training can produce effective results.