Are you a coffee lover? Or do you like to start your day with a cup of coffee? Coffee lovers love the idea of drinking coffee and letting their brains gulp a hot liquid. Plus, did you know that coffee can promote weight loss? Yes, you read that right! Coffee can help you lose weight. This caffeinated drink contains powerful nutrients like magnesium, potassium, niacin and antioxidants that boost your metabolism.
Coffee lovers will agree that there is nothing better than drinking a good cup of coffee. A steaming cup of cappuccino cools and warms the body during rainy days. An iced Frappuccino usually beats the heat on hot days. It cheers you up when you’re feeling lonely or helps you stay awake while you study. The smooth liquid never fails to bring happiness or contentment every time you consume it. There are endless blends of coffee; However, it is important to know which one is suitable for weight loss.
Read on to learn more about what you can gain from drinking this brewing hot beverage.
The HealthifyMe Note
When consumed in moderation and without too many sweeteners, coffee can help you lose weight and benefit your overall health. We cannot deny that coffee is a great energy booster. In addition, research has shown that regularly drinking a cup of coffee promotes healthy weight management in the long run.
How does coffee help in losing weight?
According to studiesCaffeine consumption promotes weight loss. However, it is important to understand that more than 400 mg of caffeine per day is associated with health hazards and ill effects.
Coffee can directly affect your weight, such as affecting metabolism and sleep quality. Therefore, here are some possible ways to reveal the connection between coffee and weight loss.
can suppress appetite
Drinking coffee will reduce your appetite and reduce calorie intake. Even if the effect is temporary, drinking coffee an hour before a meal will make people eat less.
supports healthy metabolism
Several studies link coffee consumption to lower body weight, lower BMI and adiposity. This is because the caffeine content in coffee will effectively increase the resting metabolic rate, resulting in fat loss.
boosts your workout session
Consuming coffee an hour before your workout will keep you running at a brisk pace for longer. Plus, it induces dopamine secretion, making you burn more calories than ever before.
Coffee Hacks to Increase Weight Loss
Making minor adjustments to your coffee routine can have a positive impact on your weight loss goals. Below are some ways to incorporate caffeine drinks into your weight loss regimen.
- Pair with water: Even though coffee is a diuretic, increasing it with water will keep you full throughout the day and prevent excessive cravings.
- A pre-workout drink: Drinking coffee before a workout will increase your body heat and energy, promoting the burning of fat and caloric content.
- Avoid milk, cream and sugar: There are only two calories in a cup of plain coffee. Adding cream or sugar will increase calories and also increase weight. So reduce cream/sugar and use artificial sweeteners.
- Resist and Reduce: Drinking coffee will reduce your appetite. However, drinking it first thing in the morning will make you skip breakfast. As a result, it will make you crave food at irregular times, hindering your weight loss plan. So, make sure you don’t skip breakfast.
- Try Healthy Half-Cafe: Even a little coffee can go a long way, while overconsumption leads to insomnia and stress. Try switching to half-cafe. This will allow you to safely drink coffee a day, effectively helping you lose weight.
- Caffeine Timeout: Time your daily intake to reap the full weight loss benefits of coffee. This will give you an extra boost during exercise and suppress your craving.
decoction to try to lose weight
In addition to caffeine, coffee also contains appetite-reducing nutrients that keep you from going to the snack jar. So it’s a win-win situation. While that’s a good reason not to give up your beloved cup of coffee, adding sugar and cream may be out of the question.
To help you out, here are some low-carb and low-calorie coffee recipes that are known to boost your weight loss process.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Filtered water – 12 oz/354 ml
- Freshly ground coffee – 3 tbsp
- Grass fed butter – 2 tbsp
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Brew coffee however you like, with coffee and water.
- Put the hot coffee in a blender and add the butter and coconut oil.
- Blend the ingredients for at least 30 seconds until it becomes frothy.
- Pour it into a large cup and then serve.
paleo iced coffee shake
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cashew milk – 1 cup
- Plain Protein Powder or Paleo Vanilla – 2 tbsp
- one shot espresso
- Medjool dates – halved
- Ice – 4-5 cubes
- Add protein powder/plain vanilla, cashew milk, espresso shot and data and blend until it forms a puree.
- Blend the puree with ice until you reach the desired consistency.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Pumpkin spice shake – 1 packet
- Brewed coffee, chilled – 8 oz/236 ml
- Fat-Free Whipped Topping (optional)
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – to taste
- Pour Pumpkin Spice Shake and cooled coffee into shaker bottle and shake well.
- Pour the mixture into a large coffee mug and microwave it until it reaches the desired temperature (about 2 minutes total).
- Or, you can serve the coffee with ice and serve it cold.
- Top hot/cold coffee with fat-free whipped topping with a sprinkling of pumpkin pie spice.
Disadvantages of excess coffee consumption
Coffee is one of the few drinks that help with weight loss. However, excessive consumption of beverages can be harmful to your health in many ways. It contains:
making you feel edg
Coffee, a stimulating drink, can make you feel sharp instead of calm and controlled when consumed excessively. Excessive consumption will lead to lethargy, irritability and murmuring.
disrupting blood sugar levels
Drinking more coffee will stimulate the release of sugar into the blood, resulting in higher blood sugar levels. Moreover, it also increases your sugar craving, making you run out of snack cupboards and cheat your diet plan.
The HealthifyMe Note
Coffee may increase the oxidation of fat, aiding in weight loss with diet and exercise. However, drinking too much coffee daily can have negative effects on your brain and overall health. According to the Food and Drug Administration, people should consume no more than 400 milligrams of caffeine per day.
Most people want to lose a few pounds as quickly as possible. Even though coffee is touted as a dietary aid for weight loss, the role of caffeine is heavily debated. Coffee can help you lose some weight and prevent weight gain. However, it cannot keep it off permanently.
Like any other food, being smart with your coffee portions is the key to achieving your weight loss goals. Still, the best advice for those looking to lose weight healthily is to put the time and effort into eating well and exercising right. Drinking coffee sensibly along with an increased exercise regimen and a healthy, low-calorie diet is the secret to achieving a long-term weight loss goal.